The self-storage industry experiences an increase in business a few days before the holiday season. When Christmas is nearing, your cupboards tend to fill with Christmas presents, and outgrown clothing and out-of-season sports equipment constantly pop out of your cupboards. Self-storage units offer the best solution to deal with the storage problems you face in your home or office.
The many advantages of using self-storage units are listed below:
- Self-storage units are securely managed, safe, dry and ideal for the storage you need. And you can buy or hire packing materials as well.
- You can hire these self-storage units per your requirement and even up-size or downsize per your changing needs.
- You can hire for short or long-term storage needs. They are cost-effective as well.
- Self-storage units are situated in easy-to-reach, convenient locations, with ample parking and secure 24×7 access.
- You can store anything in these self-storage units if you don’t have enough space in your home or office.
If you’re planning to rent a self-storage unit for the upcoming holidays, here are some things that you need to consider:
Act Early To Get The Best Price
As Christmas nears, demand increases, so prices also increase. So book your self-storage unit now to take advantage of the low prices and the best units. Shop around, and you’ll find plenty of options, and you may have scope to negotiate on the packages offered.
Select the Right Self-Storage Unit Size
You should consider the unit size you need. Typically, providers will guide you so that you can select the best self-storage unit for your need. If you can’t afford or don’t need the entire unit, you can also share the self-storage unit with your neighbour or friend.
Organise Your Self-Storage Unit
- Organise your self-storage unit in the best possible way to make your task easier.
- Organise your boxes by purpose or items, and you’ll find them easier to manage.
- Please select the right storage moving boxes for easy access and add labels to the outside of each box, which will help you quickly identify its contents. Alternatively, you can number the boxes and keep a master list for it describing what’s kept inside each numbered box. It will save you time and energy, which you’ll waste otherwise trying to remember what was packed inside each one.
Select solid, commercial-style shelving that’s fit for purpose. These shelves are generally light but strong, made from aluminium or steel and easy to assemble. Modular kits you can buy to suit your space. Rental units will provide these for a fee within your package; else, you’re free to use yours.
Rotate Your Stored Boxes
Store your boxes per your need; for instance, place the things you may need shortly after or often on the front side. Rotating your boxes allows you to place out-of-season things towards the back and keep on top of everything. If you have a proper plan, you won’t have to empty your unit whenever you think something you need is kept somewhere at the back.
The Stuff You Want To Store
If you’re planning to invest in a self-storage unit, make the most of it. For instance, during your Christmas holidays, your self-storage unit is an excellent place to store those extra spare folding chairs that visitors may require, air mattresses, guest camp beds and other extra items for guests. Also, you can store the extra box of tableware for entertaining. By shifting all these extras to your self-storage unit, you can keep your home clean and free from clutter.
Keep Your Gifts Safe & Hidden
It’s hard to hide Christmas gifts in your home because your kids will snoop and find them out anyways. So a self-storage unit is a good option where you can store your Christmas presents so that you can give them at the opportune time as surprise gifts to your kids and spouse as desired.
Easy access is what you want when investing in a reliable self-storage unit. It should be located near your home, so you can easily access it. And see that the self-storage facility has a good parking area.
Ensure the facility has good on-site security and lighting, so if you want to visit at night, there won’t be any issues. Most units have camera security and are safe, but it’s good to know that you’re as secure as possible when visiting at silent hours.
Act soon to secure your best self-storage in Sydney and enjoy a clutter-free holiday, as only a couple of weeks remains until Christmas!
Hills Self Storage offers personal and business storage options in three convenient locations in Sydney – Galston, Castle Hill and Rouse Hill. We offer all essential and extra amenities to provide you with the best self-storage experience. Check out our self-storage facilities today!